Like any large event, you need a team, a solid plan, and enough time and resources to carry out that plan.
Convene a reunion planning leadership team
Consider what you want to do
- How formal or informal?
- What is the primary purpose of the event?
- What are the desired components of your event? (A memorial ceremony? A guest speaker? A round of golf? A meal? Time set aside for visiting?)
- Who are the target attendees? The Marines only, the Marines and their spouses, or the Marines and their families?
- Where would you like the reunion to take place?
- When would you like the reunion to take place?
- How do you want to communicate with your target population?
- What kind of swag or other takeaways do you think you want to use?
Consider your timeframe
- Are you at least 9-14 months before you want your reunion to occur?
- Do you have the time to commit to planning a reunion?
Conduct some recon and check out AARs from recent reunions.