What are my responsibilities once the course is completed?

Marines who use Tuition Assistance must submit a copy of a grade report obtained through their student account.

Submit grade report

Via email (preferred)
The easiest way to submit a grade is electronically as an email attachment to SFLY_TA.MARINE@NAVY.MIL.

7 days after submitting via email, navigate to your Joint Services Transcript at https://jst.doded.mil to verify the grade has been processed. Please wait the allotted time before taking any further action.

Via fax
Fax to 850-473-6401 or 850-473-6402 DSN prefix 753

Via postal mail
Commanding Officer
NETPDTC TA Accounting N814
6490 Saufley Field Road
Pensacola, FL 32509-5241

What will happen if you do not submit your grades?

You and your command will receive letters from the Marine Corps requesting your grade or reimbursement for the TA. If you do not respond, the amount of your TA will be withdrawn from your pay through a pay checkage.

What if you do not successfully complete the course and your school grants you an extension to complete it?

The Marine Corps allows up to a 6 month extension. If you receive an extension from your complete your course, contact NETPDTC N814 at the same fax or postal address you would use to submit your grade report and let them know. Provide them:

  • Your name
  • The name of the school
  • The term dates pertaining to the course you are requesting to have extended
  • The course number
  • The extension date your school has allowed you to complete your course

What if you do not complete the course as you intended?

Check out What if I Make Course Changes after Applying for Tuition Assistance? and Reimbursing the Marine Corps for TA Funding for additional information.

Still searching for more in-depth assistance with Tuition Assistance?  Check out other Marine Corps articles about TA or contact your installation’s Voluntary Education staff.