The Transition Readiness Program implements a comprehensive transition and employment assistance program for Marines and their families; the program emphasizes a proactive approach that will enable them to formulate effective post-transition employment, educational, and entrepreneurial goals.
- Personal Readiness Seminar (PRS) is the newest four hour mandatory training on personal and professional development programs and services, as well as an introduction on financial topics. PRS highlights the online portal known as eBenefits that provides access to all Veterans Affairs benefits. Additionally, PRS offers career and educational resources, as well as financial topics such as banking and financial services, savings and investments, living expenses, understanding debt, and service members’ rights.
- The Marine for Life Cycle approach has been incorporated to allow transitioning Marines to meet Career Readiness Standards, career exploration, educational guidance at the beginning of their military career and at various action points throughout their career. Marines will gain insight into who they are as individuals, make life decisions, and develop holistic action plans to bridge the gap between where they are as a Marine and where they want to transition in the civilian sector. Marine for Life Cycle services include the “Your Readiness” MarineNet course; PRS, the first action point of the life cycle; and Transition Readiness Seminar (TRS), the second action point of the life cycle.
- The TRS is a 5-day seminar, which includes a standardized core curriculum to include Resilient Transitions, Military Occupation Specialty Crosswalk, Department of Labor Employment Workshop, Department of Veterans Affairs Benefits I and II Briefs, and Financial Planning. The TRS provides our transitioning Marines and their families with the resources and tools needed to their reach personal goals.
- Provides career and advising services to include advising Marines on future post-transition goals, such as career/employment, education, career technical, and entrepreneurship.
- A standardized Spouses Transition and Readiness Seminar (STARS) is a new strategy created to orient spouses to the transition process and has become an additional resource for spouses. STARS is administered as part of the Family Member Employment Assistance Program.
Marines and family members interested in learning more should contact their local installation’s transition office. They will then be connected to a transition officer that will help them fill out appropriate forms and connect to online webinars.
Prior to attending the 5-day Transition Readiness Seminar (TRS), all transitioning Marines must complete the Preseparation Webinar web-based training located below. Once complete, print the certificate and bring with you to the first day of TRS with the additional pre-requisites detailed in the webinar. For more information, contact your Unit Transition Coordinator and/or your installation Transition Readiness staff.
Required Preseparation Webinar