MARADMIN 218/19 has directed additional management controls until further notice. Please review before applying for Marine Corps Tuition Assistance (TA) funding.

TA is available to:

  • Marine officer and enlisted active duty personnel
  • Some mobilized Marine Reservists on continuous active duty
  • Enlisted mobilized Marine Reservists ordered to active duty and can complete the TA-approved course prior to their EAS
  • Mobilized Marine Reserve officers ordered to active duty and must have an EAS two years out from the completion date of the TA-approved course

To qualify, Service members must:

  • Be on active duty for the whole length of the course.
  • Attend an institution accredited by a regional, national, or professional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and has signed the Partnership DoD MOU.
  • Complete Higher Education Preparation (HEP) training (first time users), effective 1 January 2016. The course can be accessed via Joint Knowledge Online (JKO) at website The course number is HEP-US001. Completing HEP satisfies the requirement for College 101. (See MARADMIN 093/16.)
  • Provide all grades from previously funded TA courses and reimburse all W and failing grades. (Withdrawals for involuntary reasons may be granted with command verification.)
  • If an officer, agree to remain on active duty for at least two years upon completion of courses funded by TA. This obligation runs concurrently with remaining obligation service time. Those who fail to serve the obligation must repay the TA funds expended on their behalf during the last two years of active duty on a pro-rated basis.

Still searching for more in-depth assistance with Tuition Assistance?  Check out other Marine Corps articles about TA or contact your installation’s Voluntary Education staff.